Thursday, May 04, 2006

I Lost Paris

"Your blog is boring"
- Anonymous


Perhaps this is why it seems as though I have a lack of readers (or perhaps just a lack of responses?). I, personally, don't find my blog boring, but then again, I do not have to read it. I simply write, and to me, that's almost never boring. So please, speak up. If I bore, then suggest topics for me to blog about. Is it my writing style? Am I attempting to be too intellectual for my own good? Criticism is always welcome. That's the only way to get better. All I have to say, however, in regards to the person quoted above, is that [said person's] favorite movies include "Legally Blone," "It Takes Two," and "The Fast and The Furious, Part 2." Enough said.

Now on to the blogging. I thought, since I broke the 500 visitor barrier, it was indeed a good time for a new post (not to mention yesterday's post was pretty much not about anything at all). Initially, I thought I would just post something small in reference to the milestone, but as recent crazy events have happened since, I thought I would venture into those.


Paris Bennet
, for those that don't know, my beloved favorite on American Idol, was indeed voted off. Now, I knew it was coming, as she was never able to eclipse (or even reach) the greatness of her audition throughout the show. In fact, I'm actually surprised America elected to keep her this far, as I expected they would take obviously worse singers over the young, cute, black girl with a voice like you can't even imagine. The fact is, in my opinion, she was the best singer on the show this season. To be 17 and have a singing voice like that is incredible. I knew she was too good for America though, and never expected her to win.

The fact is, however, I'm a little upset about how they continually attempted to push her into genres that weren't for her. When she did sing something similar to her abilities ("The Way We Were") they called it "old fashioned." While Chris Daughtry was able to find a rock genre song every week, they didn't allow other contestants the same luxury, which has translated into him becoming the frontrunner. He's got a great voice, but I still maintain that a voice like Paris' doesn't come along that often. You can watch her audition here.


I don't know how many of you out there actually watch Lost (so far my count is The Generalist, Puff and myself), but if you don't, I seriously recommend you get the season 1 DVDs right now and watch them, then either download season 2 on itunes and watch it so you can catch up in time for the finale (May 24th), or wait until it comes out on DVD and watch it then. Either way, get on the bandwagon. I told people to hop on the 24 bandwagon years ago, and they're just doing it now, when, in my opinion, the show is going downhill. But the writers of Lost seem to be too clever for that to happen. I've read interviews with them, and they seem to write (or at least conceive ideas) way in advance. It's the only way this can be done. The fact is, Lost is by far the best show on television right now, and possibly the best drama/mystery I've ever seen. And it's just gotten crazier. It's to the point I don't know if I can ever watch it again, because I can't wait for the next episode. I would have to wait until they all came out on DVD and just watch them then. I think I was spoiled by watching season 1 in a matter of 5 days this past September. Either way, I strongly suggest you get on Lost. If you appreciate well written, well thought out, well made, well acted programming, then you can't not like Lost. Plus, I could use more people to talk to about it.


That's all. Comments welcome.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...and those aren't my favorites. I just like them...well legally blonde is very high on the list. anyways, my opinions are still justified...btw, this blog was an improvement!...love you:-)

1:47 PM  
Blogger alyse said...

i've never met you and i adore your blog - i read it as much as i can. count me as a fan whether you are chatting about your girl/relationships, baseball, books or the metrorail.

blog on.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home