Friday, April 21, 2006

"Somehow I'll Spend It"

An 84 year old woman hit the jackpot on the nickel slots at Harrah's in Atlantic City two days ago. What was that jackpot? $10,010,113.48. Here, read it again. $10,010,113.48. Still don't believe?

$10,010,113.48

That's right. A nickel (or actually, 3 or 4 nickels, depending on the machine - you have to generally bet the max to win the max) won this woman over 10 million dollars. I mean, shoot. She can give me the $10,113.48, keep a cool, even $10 million, and still be straight. And then I can buy a new car.

She's 84 years old.

And do you know what she said?

"Somehow, I'll spend it."

And

"I'm just happy I won it, for my family, although they don't need it."

Read that last part again.

"...although they don't need it."

This my friends, is not justice. An 84-year-old woman, wins a record sum (no nickel machine in the country has ever given away that much), tells people her family doesn't need the money (who doesn't need $10 million?), and makes no mention of donations to charity, Katrina, Sudan, the Tsunami victims, nothing. She could donate the $10 million to the state of New Jersey so they can clean up their swamp land. Something. Anything.

The lone bright spot, however, was watching last nights sportscenter, as Stu Scott offered a marriage proposal to this 84-year-old woman, and then Scott Van Pelt quickly got in on the act. The faded to black as the two playfully argued over this woman's "love."

I gotta go to Vegas.

2 Comments:

Blogger becomingme said...

My, my, you're a cutie!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Aristocrates said...

LOL.

It could apply to any and everything related to this post. I'll leave it at that.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home